Saturday, December 4, 2010

The offer.

If I could take a moment or a word to describe the type of person that has boldly taken our home purchase through the Bermuda triangle of corporate red tape and GMAC's Never Never Land, it would be; willing.  Being the right person for the job does not always demand a conversant mind for the task, but rather a person willing to do the job right.  Our Realtor, Jim, has been a pleasure to work with because of his willingness to serve our needs exclusively, with an unbiased attitude.  My wife, 4m old daughter, and I came to Jim's office to sign the Real Estate purchase contract with very high aspirations for what we expected to be a slam dunk offer.  The offer is a bit low but considering the DOM pushing 450 days with not so mush as an offer, let alone the current market climate, Jim and I felt that it is a good place to start.  So we signed the property condition disclosure, then we singed the Broker relationship disclosure, then we signed the lead based paint disclosure, then we initialed, then we signed the earnest money check.....and then signed a few more documents.  Needless to say we were about a half signature away from carpal tunnel at this point.  "We'll get er in" were his words if my memory serves me.  We shook hands and parted ways with a sense of disquieted relief and every kind of scenario playing back and forth in my head.  So I was surprised upon discovering, via a phone conversation with Jim, that he had presented the document package to the listing agent entirely absent of an executed purchase agreement! I had to laugh... A day or so later we came back and singed the purchase contract, and chalked it up as a false start.

No comments:

Post a Comment